Founder & Principal of Yasmine Mahmoudieh Design
Yasmine has been rewarded many times for her creative and innovative designs and is a reference in her field.
Her multiple talents and skills helped her throughout her entire career in order to live her passion for architecture, design and entrepreneurship.
Outstanding award as the youngest female entrepreneur
Yasmine studied art history in Florence, architecture at the l’école d’Ingénieurs de Genève in Switzerland, interior design at the college of Notre Dame in San Francisco and architecture and interior design at UCLA in Los Angeles. A year after she graduated from UCLA (aged 26) she opened her first studio in Los Angeles, and today has her headquarters in London.
Her work can be found across Europe, the United States, into the Middle East and Asia, and even in the skies above, working as one of the few chosen designers to work on the Airbus A380.
Her unique holistic approach to design, which merges from human psychology and cutting-edge technology, has resulted in an acclaimed international showcase of award-winning, one-of-a-kind projects.
Among her achievements you can find:
· The Kempinski Hotel in Moscow, Russia
· The Resort hotel Intercontinental Berchtesgaden, Germany
· The Radisson SAS in Berlin and in Copenhagen
· The Nevai in Verbier, Switzerland
· The Millennium shopping center in Budapest, Hungary
· Augeo in Rimini, a luxury spa and an internaitonal Art Gallery in Italy
Other completed projects to date include the Hotel Four Seasons in Hamburg, the headquarters of Aon in Hamburg and the Nikolskie-Ryady Crown Plaza in St. Petersburg, a hotel, office and retail complex. Her organic approach fuses modern design and functionality and does not loose sight of the two most important factors: human wants and needs.
Throughout her career Yasmine has achieved many awards, among others, the following:
· 2011: Euroshop award, best Stand design for HI-MACS®
· 2008 Nevai Hotel Veriber Hospitality Design award 2009
· 2007 to 2011: Resort Intercontinental Berchtesgaden European Hotel Design Award and 5 times the World Travel Award
· 2005 Radisson Hotel Copenhagen Europen Design award
· 2004: Radisson SAS Berlin Innovation Award.
· 2003: Hotel Rheinsberg European Hotel Design Award & Conference Hotel Design Award.
· 2002: Core design award, Haus Rheinsberg
· Yasmine is a guest lecturer at universities and colleges in London, New York (NYU), Los Angeles (UCLA), Monte Carlo, Lausanne, Shanghai and Moscow among many other cities
· She is a Board member of BLLA (Boutique, Lifestyle and Lodging Association)
· Yasmine is one out of 5 European design office to be included in ‘Leading by design’ of Leading Hotels of the World
· Yasmine has been a visiting professor at EHL ( Hotel Ecoliere de Lausanne) for 9 years
· Yasmine is a visiting professor to the Institut Paul Bocuse in Lyon
· Yasmine is fluent in 6 languages (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Farsi).